Please download the application form(MSword/PDF), enter information in the necessary fields, and sent to our email address with attaching the file (complete the process by attaching the form to an email that will be sent to our email address).
【Email Addressee】To The Association of Rural Planning, General Affairs Committee, Membership Application
Staff Email: arp_info&ruralplanning.jp (*Please change “&” to “@” in the email address)
- Membership categories are as follows. When applying for a membership, you need one regular member (or two supporting members) to refer you. Please ensure that you enter the email address of the reference. The office will later confirm your application with the reference through email.
- For personal members, the journal will be sent to the address specified in section “9. Contact” of the application form.
- If “4. Membership Year Desired” is “This Year,” please start paying the membership fee from the applicable fiscal year regardless of when you have applied. All the journals will be sent to you, beginning with the April issue of that fiscal year. If “4. Membership Year Desired” is “Next Year,” please start paying the membership fee from the next fiscal year. The journals will be sent to you, beginning with the April issue of the next fiscal year.
- Once the association accepts your membership, the office will send you the transfer forms.
- Receive bulletin (newsletter) titled Journal of Rural Planning Association (Four per year + special issue (number featuring essays))
- Receive latest information via an email newsletter
- Become qualified to write for the association journal/special number featuring articles(essays)
- Have the right to present a research findings at a conference (attend research presentations)
- Have the right to apply for the association award and encouragement award (honorary mention)
Membership Types and Fees
|Regular Member||An individual who has academic knowledge or experience in rural planning||Annual Membership Fee: 8,000 yen|
|Associate Member||An individual who has received specialized education in rural planning (includes college/graduate students)||Annual Membership Fee: 4,000 yen|
|Overseas Member||A foreigner living abroad with qualifications equivalent to those required for associate members or a foreign student receiving specialized education in Japan||Annual Membership Fee: 2,000 yen|
|Honorary Member||An individual who has made an excellent contribution to rural planning, was nominated by the board of directors, and has been selected because of a decision in the general assembly||Free membership|
Please send your enquiries about the association to the following address.
The Association of Rural Planning, 4F Kinoshita Bldg., 3-3-3 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0061
E-mail: arp_info&ruralplanning.jp (*Please change “&” to “@” in the email address)